Only Build Your Binaries Once
- Reduce the risk of introducing difference on each build.
- Takes time to compile code (specially in large systems)
Deploy the Same Way to Every Environment
- Once you reach Production you are confident that your deployments work.
Smoke-Test your Deployments
- After deploying, immediately make sure that the most basic functionality works as expected.
Deploy into a copy of Production
- Make your environments a similar to production as pipeline. Again, to reduce the risk of ofintroducing bugs.
Each Change Should Propagate through the Pipeline Instantly
- Each checking should trigger the start of the build process.
If Any Part of the Pipeline Fails, Stop the Line
- Developers should make sure that their code didn’t break anything. If it does, they should fix it immediately.